Update: The Paper Swap is closed. Individual winners will be notified.
We’ve been collecting type-related stuff for years now, everything from books to specimens to rain ponchos. After dutifully saving every scrap, it’s time to send the duplicates off to a new home. So, wanna swap?
Send us a single piece of type-related material you’re willing to part with and we’ll select three favorites from everything we get. Among these winners, we’ll divvy up the material equally with one exception: the first place winner will choose three items they want before anyone else; second place will then choose two; and third will go last and choose one item.
On our end, the swap includes a variety of things, some with a Process connection, some without. Many of them can no longer be purchased or were never widely available to begin with. Here’s a partial list of what we’ll swap (quantities above one are noted):
- Modern Typography: An Essay in Critical History. Robin Kinross. 1992 (1st edition).
- The Great Discontent, Issue One. Edited by Tina Essmaker and Ryan Essmaker.
- Feltron 2007 Annual Report. Nicholas Felton. (Numbered #448 of 2000, signed).
- Metro Letters: A Typeface for the Twin Cities. Edited by Deborah Littlejohn. 2003. (2)
- Letterletter 14: Mannerist Writing. Gerrit Noordzij. 1996. (2)
- 14 Faces: Work from the MA Typeface Design class of 2007 at the University of Reading. Specimen booklet. (2)
- KABK Type and Media, class of 2007–08 poster. Type specimen.
- Interrobang 3. Edited by Stephen Coles and Tamye Riggs. 2005. (Featuring articles by Jorge de Buen and Jan Conradi, with display type set in Maple). (2)
- Font 004. Edited by Stephen Coles and Tamye Riggs. 2005. (A FontShop publication featuring an interview with Underware). (2)
- Mark Simonson Studio 3D postcard set (with 3D glasses).
- Task Newletter #1. Edited by Emmet Byrne, Alex DeArmond, and Jon Sueda. 2007.
- The Letterfirm Reader. Ian Lynam. 2013.
- FontShop rain poncho (with FF Tundra notebook).
- Monotype ampersand coasters (black).
- SOTA 2013 Typography Award collectible. Letterpress printed card honoring Zuzana Licko.
- and more…
How to Enter
Your entry should include: One piece of type-related material, well-packed so it doesn’t get damaged in the mail. On a separate sheet of paper, include your name and email address so we can contact you if you win. Optional: tell us why your piece of material is special.
Send entries to:
Process Type Foundry
PO Box 270086
Golden Valley, MN 55427
The not so fine print: Entries must be received by October 9, 2015. Any items sent to us will not be returned – and may be included in a future swap. A legible email address is required, so don’t forget! After selecting and notifying winners, they must claim their swap within fourteen days otherwise their prize will be given to the next in line.
* If this one goes well!